Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2011

Ein Bündel flüchtiger Empfindungen

Meine Bettlektüre ist das wunderbare Buch von Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche: The Joy of Living. Unlocking the Secrets & Science of Happiness.

"Once I began to simply observe my fears, I began to see that they weren't solid, indivisible monsters that I could never overcome, but instead a series of small, fleeting sensations and images that popped in and out of awareness so rapidly that they only gave the semblance of being solid and whole (...). And after observing my fear this way, I started to think, Hmm, that's interesting. This fear isn't so big and powerful at all. In fact, it's pretty harmless. It's just a bunch of transitory sensations that appear, hang aroung for a second or two, and then simply disappear.
This didn't happen overnight, of course. I had to spend a few weeks completely immersed in the process, like some sort of mad scientist utterly absorbed in an experiment. I also had the benefit of several years of training to support me."

Keine Kommentare:

Lesbos 13/12 2021

Am Morgen wachte ich zum Plätschern des Regens auf. Machte mir Kaffee, schmierte mir Brote, packte eine Portion gesalzene Oliven in den Ruck...